The Hair

Saturday, April 9, 2011

Just in case you hadn't noticed, Ryan has A TON of hair!  Its definitely not from the Taylor side, so it must  come from Robert's genes.  Nonetheless, we love it!  It fits his fun personality perfectly.  However...in recent weeks, it began to cover more and more of his eyes.  I was ok with it at first since it didn't really seem to bother him.  Then he began looking up as if to look beyond his bangs.  So, maybe it was starting to interfere with his vision... But the real kicker, was when I picked him up from school looking like this...


Let's take a closer look...

 
Awe, what a sweet little girl with her hair tied up in a knot on top of her head!  He was so happy that day, despite the fact he was in his third change of clothes and a pair of 24 month pants that weren't even his!  Lots of spit up, but a happy little boy playing in the sandbox looking like a girl!  And then we took out the rubberband...


Do you see this mess?!


Happy baby!  Yes, in another outfit with wild man hair that required a bath to tame it down.  So we laughed and sent him to school the next day.  And this is who I picked up...


Check out that ponytail!  And the goofy new smile he's picked up.  Here's a better look after yet another wardrobe change.


So we decided a bang trim was in order...  I was scared.  Who gives a 7 month old a haircut?!?  Aren't most babies bald? shouldn't they be ok until at least after their 1st birthday without a haircut?  I wasn't about to take him to one of those cutesy hair salons for kids - Ryan would have freaked out for sure.  So, I grabbed the scissors and the Bumbo, Robert grabbed some entertainment/distractions, and we armed my mom with the camera to witness his first haircut...well bang trim outside.


Check out that hair just before we started snipping!


Perfectly distracted for minutes while I snipped away a little at a time.  And then..."Hey, can I help you with that?"




And there you have the finished product!  I hate to say that we did this last weekend and he could already stand another trim...  But for now, he looks a lot less like a little girl :)



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAHAHA!!! This is a great post. Ryan will love this when he's older. I totally know the feeling when you pick up the baby from daycare with random clothes on!! I cannot relate to the hair though because Samuel is like a baby George Costanza/Bruce Boudreau. ;o) Glad everything is going well with you guys!
Mary

Sarah said...

Thanks Mary! I'm sure he'll be thrilled when he's older to know his hair was in a ponytail or a little bun on occasion :) Send us some new pics of Samuel - I want to see you cute bald baby! Hope all is well with you guys. We should Skype again.

Post a Comment